CryptoLocker Virus Warning
A new computer virus called CryptoLocker has recently been identified which could cause significant harm to companies and computer users. This virus attempts to encrypt common files (spreadsheets, documents, images, others) on infected computers and shared folders which the computers can access. Once encrypted, the files can neither be accessed nor recovered without paying a ransom. We don't suggest paying this ransom.
Similar malware has been seen in the past but usually contained only idle threats. This one appears to do exactly as it claims, as it renders files inaccessible. But don't panic – you can take steps to avoid infection and safeguard important files.
General steps to protect your data and reduce exposure to malicious software:
- Keep all Windows software up to date and and subscribe to automatic updates when possible.
- Install an anti-virus product from a trusted source and schedule it to run automatically.
- Make regular backups of important information. Back up to removable media such as tape or an external hard drive. Better yet, ask us about Google Docs for Business, and never store an important document or email on your PC again.
- Avoid opening attachments or clicking links in emails unless you know the sender and were expecting it.
- Ask the person if you are unsure of its validity!
- Use caution when downloading any files from the Internet
- Run anti-malware and anti-virus programs regularly.
However, if you do become infected:
- Immediately unplug your ethernet cable AND disable your wifi Internet access.
- Turn off your computer. You may want to press and hold the power button to turn it off some cases.
- Contact someone who can help identify and remove the problem.
- Do not pay the ransom.
Dynamo 11 ••• "Rock Solid" Performance!
Dynamo is our flagship Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software that helps people better manage their businesses. It addresses all aspects of your organization, from prospecting to Customer Relationship Management (CRM), from purchasing to paperless warehouse operations, from sales order processing to sales analysis, and from accounts payable to financial statements. It's applicable for businesses with 3 to 3,000 employees with 1 to 1,000 locations, and it might be just right for you.
So if you've outgrown that software-in-a-box and don't want to spend six figures implementing one of those high-end products, take a look at Dynamo.
New features in Dynamo 11
- Quick Google-like item searching — just enter what you know — Dynamo will find it
- Instant new customer creation with automated name & address lookup by telephone number
- Automatic address verification including Zip+4 lookup
- Integrated credit card processing, fully compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) rules
- Colorful sales charts showing sales, margin, and more over last 13 months and last 13 years
- Print, Fax, Email, or PDF Order Acknowledgements, Notifications of Shipment, Invoices, & more
- Hand-held scanners for all warehousing operations from put-away to physical inventory
- Printable item box labels or item price stickers
- Printable deposit slips for quicker and more accurate banking
- Extensive drill-down capabilities in Inquiry and Order Processing
- Shows most recent transactions first, yet quickly access all older transactions
- Display, not paper centric; quit wasting all that paper and time
- Month-End updates that only take seconds to run